I’ll never be sure how the past year has passed so quickly. That Baby, once only a 9 lb, 11 oz. little sweetling, has now blossomed to a 22 lb mass of energy, laughter, and bull-headed sweetness. He is the absolute light of The Boy’s eye and when The and That are in a room together, it is a cacophony of giggles, belly laughs and squeals of delight. (This is far-and-away my favorite sound…) Adam and I, though still sleep sleep deprived, are so happy in our unexpectedly blossomed life.
So far, here are a few lovely little details of life with That Baby:
- He wakes up at 7:15 sharp every morning.
- He has been officially declared “stubborn” by his doctor.
- When he has bed head, he looks like a little dandelion puff.
- His favorite thing in the world is his big brother.
- He LOVES yogurt, okra, peaches, and beets and bananas but could care less about potatoes.
- He still hasn’t said a word yet but has the imperial wave and regal point down pat.
- He adores the grocery store and hates the car.
- He fake coughs for attention.
- He like it best when I sing Sam Cooke to him.
We had a small birthday party for Thatch at my Momma and Daddy’s house with just close family. Momma and my sis, Jennifer, made the cake. Thatch (and Jobe) had a great time destroying it. While it was messy work, it was perfect photographic fodder followed by a long bath (several changes of water were required…)